What's not to like about concrete?
Its lighter, brighter, and more durable than the alternative.
Concrete parking areas provide owners with a wide variety of benefits. It isn't time that you took advantage of them?
- Reduced lighting costs - With three times the reflectivity of asphalt, concrete parking requires less lighting, reducing costs by up to 30%.
- Durability - No other paving material approaches concrete’s strength and durability in standing up to heavy usage and truck traffic.
- Competitive costs - Designed and constructed properly, concrete pavement can be competitive with asphalt.
- Value over time - Based on life cycle costing, a concrete parking lot provides owners with better value.
- Environmentally friendly - Concrete is produced from abundant natural resources, reduces toxic run-off and can be easily recycled. It is also cooler in the summer which provides outdoor comfort while reducing the “heat island” effect.
- Versatility - Concrete can be colored, stamped, and shaped adding beauty to the project.
- Curb appeal - Concrete’s clean look creates a good first impression and lasting sense of quality for customers, tenants and employees.
Conventional Concrete Parking Lot Documents
- Parking Area Design Quick Reference Guide
- ASCC - NRMCA Parking Lot Design Reference Guide
- Light Duty Cross Section
- Heavy Duty Cross Section
- Structural Number Document
- NRMCA Concrete Parking Lot Guide Specification
- NRMCA Illuminance Brochure
- Demonstration Assessment of LED Parking Lot Lighting (Walmart)
- Designing Quality Concrete Parking Areas
- Design Assistance Program Parking Lot Design Report (sample)
Concrete Parking Lot Case Studies
- Heavy Pavement Loadings Demand Tough Pavement
- Lighter colored concrete pavement is more reflective and requires fewer lights