Concrete buildings are quiet, durable, energy efficient, safe, and resilient. Is it any wonder why concrete is the worlds most utilized building material?
The worlds most utilized building material: concrete
When designing your next building doesn't it make sense that you "Build With Strength"? Backed by the National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Build with Strength is a coalition of architects, builders, engineers, emergency services personnel and policymakers. Our mission is to educate the building and design communities and policy makers on the benefits of ready mixed concrete, and encourage its use as the building material of choice for buildings. No other material can replicate concrete’s advantages in terms of strength, durability, safety and ease of use.
Concrete Buildings Documents
- Build It Better With Concrete
- Life Cycle Cost Comparison - ICF vs. Stick Frame
- Resilient Communities Start With Resilient Buildings
- Preparing for the Impact of Natural Disasters
"Build With Strength" Documents
- Hazard Mitigation
- Calling for "Concrete" Change (NJ)
- Calling for "Concrete" Change (GA)
- ICF's The Building Blocks of Strength
- ICF vs. Wood Frame Construction
- 2nd and Delaware, the Worlds Most Energy Efficient Building
- Concrete, Ready for Safety
- Concrete, Ready for Anything
- Concrete, A Solid Investment
- Concrete, Ready to Shape the Future
Concrete Building Case Studies
- Pennsylvania Aggregates and Concrete Association 2014 Commercial Project of the Year - Buildings
- 1,000,000 sft. tilt-up concrete project.
- Required 40,000 cubic yards of concrete.
- Project totaled 3000 cubic yards of concrete.
- Lighting and maintenance costs reduced by using concrete.
- Pennsylvania Aggregates and Concrete Association 2014 Decorative Project of the Year - Commercial
- 1.7 million square foot tilt-up project also incoprorated 45,000 cubic yards of RCC.
- Challenging soil conditions met through cement stabilization.
- The building features Insulating Concrete Form (ICF) construction.
- Built into a hillside, ICF construction met the challenge of this project site.
- Durable design helps manage maintenance costs.
- ICF construction adds environmental sustainability.
- Project timeline aided by ICF use.