Get more mileage from every dollar in your paving budget
Are you hoping to address a street or local road issue?
If so, you should consider Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC). PennDOT has recently added Roller Compacted Concrete to its Publication 408 so municipalities have it as an option that will receive "Liquid Fuels" funding.
Roller Compacted Concrete Documents
- PennDOT Pub 408 Section 502 (pavement)
- PennDOT Pub 408 Section 323 (base course)
- PennDOT Pub 408 Section 658 (shoulders)
- RCC Technical Brief (FHWA)
- Public Works Magazine - RCC Edition
- Northampton Township Utilizes RCC (PA Township News)
Roller Compacted Concrete Case Studies
- Township needed a long-lasting solution to improve deteriorated roadway
- The 200-cubic-yard roadway was completed and opened to traffic in 24 hours
- RCC delivered taxpayer cost-savings of 65%
- Project incorporated PennDOT RCC specifications.
- First municipal RCC project in Pennsylvania to receive Liquid Fuels funding.
- First RCC street project placed in Pennsylvania.
- RCC proved to be the most cost effective alternative.